Christmas truly is the most wonderful time of the year. Going home for the holidays, spending time with family, exchanging gifts and making delicious food… It’s a happy time all around. One of the most enjoyable parts is naturally, the food. Decadent and rich foods are the best comforts in winter, and among them is, of course, hot chocolate. A classic treat, it has become an inseparable part of Christmas and just winter in general. So, when you’re still in your dorm before the holidays come about, you might already wish you’re home. In order to help you feel like you’re already at home until you leave for the holidays, we decided to find a delicious and easy hot chocolate recipe you can make in just minutes! This homemade recipe is so simple, all you will need is a microwave, a mug, a small bowl, and a spoon.
- 1 cup of milk.
- 2 Tbsp. sugar.
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa.
- 1/4 Tsp vanilla extract.
- Marshmallows, whipped cream, and/or peppermint candy (optional toppings).
How To Make It:
- Pour the milk into a microwave-safe glass and heat in the microwave for about a minute, or until it’s warm.
- While the milk is heating, combine the sugar and cocoa in a small bowl and mix them together.
- Once the milk is heated, pour the cocoa and sugar mixture into it and mix it all. A spoon is fine for this task, but a whisk would work best. Once all the ingredients are combined, add the vanilla and continue mixing.
- (Optional) Top off with mini/regular marshmallows, whipped cream, or peppermint candy.
And that’s it! It really is a simple and quick recipe that can improve your mood no matter what in just a few minutes. You can even treat your friends and make them feel special by whipping up some hot cocoa for them and showing them how much you care.